The quick shift to remote learning has fostered an abundance of resources for educators, parents and caregivers to lean on. These resources are helpful, but the volume alone can be overwhelming. Below is a resource roundup to help you navigate the options and find what you need, when you need it. It is important that we continue to engage children in daily opportunities that foster curiosity, creativity, movement and literacy learning. We suggest that you bookmark this blog as we will be adding links as they are available.
Listen in as authors and celebrities read aloud popular trade books.
- We Are Teachers: The Big List of Children’s Author’s Doing Online Read-Alouds & Activities
- Author and former teacher, Kate Messner’s curated collection of read-alouds
- Vooks: A streaming library of animated read-alouds
- Storyline Online: Free read aloud's from the SAG-AFTRA Foundation
Supplement and enrich children’s at-home digital libraries with thousands of digital books.
- Read and learn on Epic!
- Audible audiobooks
- Compilation of complimentary Online Spanish Books for children
- Interactive eBooks from NSTA
- Time for Kids Digital Library
- Curated digital library of interactive books from Skybrary
- Digital library from Scribd
- Virtually borrow from your local library via Overdrive
- TumbleBook: curated database of eBooks and audiobooks
- International Children’s Digital Library: A Library for the World’s Children
VIRTUAL FIELD TRIPS, MUSEUM TOURS and WEBCAMS:
Send children around the state, country, and world with these digital experiences.
- [NEW] Take a virtual exploration of The Metropolitan Museum of Art with MetKids
- [NEW] The ultimate guide to virtual museum tours from MCN
- Discovery Education Virtual Field Trips
- Explore the world without leaving your classroom with Virtual Field Trips
- Field Trip Zoom: The World in Every Classroom
- Travel and Leisure: Virtual Museum Tours
- The Smithsonian, National Museum of Natural History Virtual Tours
- The Smithsonian, National Air and Space Museum: Take a look inside historic air and space objects
- Live Cams from the San Diego Zoo
- Live Cams from the Houston Zoo
- Aquarium of the Pacific: Visit exhibits virtually with the live Aquarium Webcams
CREATIVITY, STEAM and MOVEMENT:
Stay active, create a doodle, play, imagine, build, experiment, and create with these resources.
- [NEW] Brain Pop: Free access to multidisciplinary curriculum ideas
- [NEW] Bilingual Math Resource for grades PreK-5 from Lesley University and Kentucky Center for Mathematics
- [NEW] National Geographic Kids
- Lunch Doodles with Mo Willems: author/illustrator and Kennedy Center Education Artist-in-Residence.
- Movement and Mindfulness videos from GoNoodle
- Create at home with Crayola
- Learn about NASA and its missions: NASA Kids Club
- We Love Weather for Kids: videos for children produced by The Weather Channel
- America’s Test Kitchen Kids: The Young Chefs’ Club contains resources to help kids learn in the kitchen
- [NEW] Teaching Support Group: A free service from Mt. Holyoke College
- International Literacy Association blog: Connected Communities of Literacy Learning
VIRTUAL AUTHOR VISITS:
- [NEW] COVID-19 Resources for Special Educators: Educational resources from Massachusetts and the Department of Education
OTHER CURATED REMOTE LEARNING RESOURCES:
- [NEW] Lesley University's curated list of online educational resources
- [NEW] iCivics Remote Learning Toolkit for teachers and caregivers. Grades PreK-12
- [NEW] PBS Learning Media offers standards-aligned videos, interactives, lesson plans, and more
- [NEW] The Classroom Bookshelf: A list of literacy and children’s book resources curated by Lesley University and Manhattanville College faculty
- Booksource: A Comprehensive Guide to Remote Teaching Resources for Educators
CONNECT WITH US
NEW Fountas & Pinnell Literacy™ Blog Feature: Daily Remote Learning Tips
In light of teachers everywhere needing to initiate remote learning, we are providing daily tips for teachers and parents/caregivers. Check the fountasandpinnell.com homepage for a new tip daily, and view all the tips here.
Learn Along with other Heinemann Authors: A collection of links to online resources for educators and caregivers to support distance and virtual learning.
Thank you for your continued dedication to teaching and learning. We invite you to join the conversation and stay connected on the Fountas & Pinnell Literacy™ Learning Group on Facebook.
~The Fountas & Pinnell Literacy™ Team
Disclaimer: Sites included in this Resource Roundup are recommendations only – inclusion in this link pack is not an endorsement of the content or organization.